Originally from Chicago, Arnie fell in love with the Palisades and has been a part of the community for over 35 years. He was married for 40 years to a wonderful community activist, the late Cathie Wishnick.
For 12 years Arnie served as the town’s movie critic and wrote the movie reviews for the Palisadian-Post.
To this day you can always find Arnie at the movies when he’s not walking the streets of the Palisades or on the phone handling the day to day affairs of the chamber.
He has been very involved with the community. Some of his accomplishments are:
• Vice-President of 2 former Pacific Palisades Savings and Loan associations:
Southern California Savings (now the site of US Bank) & Gibraltar Savings (now the site of CitiBank)
• Past President of the:
Optimist Club of Pacific Palisades
Palisades Americanism Parade Association (P.A.P.A.)
Pacific Palisades Chamber of Commerce
• Past Sparkplug of the Year (1980)
• Pacific Palisades Lions Club Citizen of the Year (1984)
• Current Palisades P.R.I.D.E. Treasurer
• Serving currently for over 30 years on the:
Teen Contest Committee
Village Green Committee
• He has served as Executive Director of the Pacific Palisades Chamber of Commerce since 1993.