Start The New Year Right!
By Bill Shuttic – Ultimate Health & Wellness | Chamber Board Member
Ok, we’re already a week into the new year, so why a week late? First, the first week of the year, we’re bombarded with all the new diet programs and other “must-have” programs. Also, some people are just getting back from vacation. But also, I’ve noticed that a lot of people have been sick with the flu the past week, including my wife and some of my clients. Not the best way to start the year. By now, we’re all back in the swing of things.
So, are you ready to start the new year? Have you laid out your goals for the year? Here are some suggestions:
- Write down your financial goals
- Write down your career goals
- Write down your family goals
- Write down your health goals
Once you have your goals written down, devise your strategy on how to attain those goals. Do not begin your strategy with, “I hope.” Hope is not a strategy. You need to write down specific steps you can take to achieve your goals. For example:
- “I’m going to save $500/month to put toward a college fund, retirement fund, new car, down payment on a house, etc.”
- “I’m going to send out five resumes per week to try to improve my career.”
- “I’m going to budget $500/month to put toward a healthy lifestyle. This will include buying healthier foods, investing in vitamins, and going to the gym three times per week.
- “I’m going to hire a health coach or life coach to help me reach my goals.”
So, first, you plan your work, and then you work your plan. Write it all down. Keep a journal. The more you track your actions and progress, the more successful you will be. And here’s what I think you will find – as you improve your health, it will have a positive effect on the other aspects of your life, including your work and family life. But let’s be honest – it is going to take effort. It’s going to take motivation. And lastly, it’s going to take a lot of hard work.
If you’re ready to start the year off on a positive note, now is the time to make the commitment. If you need one-on-one concierge health and wellness service, feel free to contact me. My Complete Wellness System focuses on your overall well-being by combining detoxification, nutrition, supplementation, exercise, and relaxation which will have a positive effect on every aspect of your life.
It’s time to stop talking about it. It’s time for action. If you’re ready, I’m here to help you.
Ultimate Health & Wellness