From the desk of Congressman Ted Lieu:
The Air Force is looking for ideas from startups and small businesses to help solve defense issues through its first Air Force Pitch Day event, awarding up to $40M in same-day, one-page contracts. This is a great opportunity to grow a business, strengthen our local economy, and help further the defense of our nation. This event is modeled after commercial investment pitch competitions and will offer new fast-track opportunities for startups and small businesses to work with the Air Force.
The deadline to submit proposals and pitch decks is February 6, 2019 (8:00 pm ET).
All startups and small businesses that are:
- U.S. based for-profit Business
- More than 50% owned by U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens
- No more than 500 employees
- Additional requirements apply
- For more information about other eligibility requirements visit https://www.sbir.gov/about
How to Submit:
- Companies will have from January 8 to February 6, 2019 (8:00 pm ET) to submit proposals and pitch decks.
- Companies submit applications via https://sbir.defensebusiness.org/.
- Air Force will notify selected companies for in-person pitches by February 15, 2019.
Technology Interest Areas (Broad; interest not necessarily limited to these topics):
- Communication Networks to include: Data links; data capture/analytics employing Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning
- Digital Technologies to include: Secure Cloud operations; Open-Source software trust/resiliency; resilient Position/Navigation/Timing sources for control and network operations; automated software/cyber testing for Developmental Ops (DevOps) and Cloud environments; tools for re-engineering and/or re-hosting legacy systems; automating cyber security compliance and processes;
- Battlefield Operations/Family of Systems: Weather sensors; Android applications/plug-ins that support special warfare mission sets; first-person manual view drones
For general questions related to the event please contact AFSBIRSTTR-Info@us.af.mil.
- Pitch Day Basics
- Pitch Day Step-by-Step
- Pitch Day One Page Contract Sample
- Ask Me Anything Overview
- Ask Me Anything Overview\Contracting
- Ask Me Anything Technical Verticals