We are deeply saddened that Arnie Wishnick, our former Executive Director, passed away Saturday morning, April 27.
Arnie was known throughout town for his dedication to all things Palisades and will always be remembered for all of the incredible things that he did, all of the people he helped, and the tremendous leadership he provided not just for the Chamber, but the entire town. This world has lost a legend.
A celebration of life for Arnie will be held at Kehillat Israel on Wednesday, May 1, at 11 am.
Originally from Chicago, Arnie fell in love with the Palisades and has been a part of the community for over 35 years. He was married for 40 years to a wonderful community activist, the late Cathie Wishnick.
For 12 years Arnie served as the town’s movie critic and wrote the movie reviews for the Palisadian-Post. On top of that, Arnie was very involved with the community in so many ways.
Some (but certainly not all) of his accomplishments were:
- Served as Executive Director of the Pacific Palisades Chamber of Commerce from 1993-2018.
- Mort Farberow Award Recipient (2019)
- Pride of the Palisades Award Recipient
- Vice-President of 2 former Pacific Palisades Savings and Loan associations – (Southern California Savings (now the site of US Bank) & Gibraltar Savings (now the site of CitiBank)
- Past President of the Optimist Club of Pacific Palisades
- Past President of the Palisades Americanism Parade Association (P.A.P.A.)
- Sparkplug of the Year Award Recipient (1980)
- Pacific Palisades Lions Club Citizen of the Year (1984)
- Palisades P.R.I.D.E. Treasurer
- Served for over 30 years on the Teen Contest Committee & Village Green Committee